Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

6-25 Marker

92_139026.jpg P6070069Thumbnails6-25 Marker and surroundingsP6070069Thumbnails6-25 Marker and surroundingsP6070069Thumbnails6-25 Marker and surroundingsP6070069Thumbnails6-25 Marker and surroundingsP6070069Thumbnails6-25 Marker and surroundings

Side A: First Blendon Presbyterian Church. On this site in 1829 the Presbyterians of Blendon Township built their first church. The land was donated by Timothy Lee for "church and burial" purposes. The Reverend Ebenezer Washburn, buried here, was the first minister. The church was destroyed one week after its dedication by an apparent act of arson. Side B: Same. Same