- Title, side A
- The Ohio State University
- Title, side B
- The Ohio State University and The Ohio Historical Society
- Columbus, 43210
- Ohio State University Aerial View Photograph
- This 8" x 10" (20.32 x 25.4 cm) photograph depicts The Ohio State University campus in Columbus, Ohio. High Street is visible along the bottom of the photograph. The former Ohio Historical Society headquarters is the large building in the bottom left. The Armory is the castle-like building to the right. The Oval, a popular gathering place for students, marks the center of the photograph. Ohio Stadium is visible in the upper right hand corner. It was the first double-deck horseshoe stadium in the country. The Ohio State University was founded in 1873 as the Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College. By 1878, the school added liberal arts to its curriculum and changed its name to the Ohio State University. By 1890, OSU boasted 471 students and 21 faculty members (Om3235_001).