- Title, side A
- Norton Field
- Title, side B
- Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, City of Whitehall, Holy Spirit Catholic Church, and The Ohio Historical Society
- Just E of 4383 East Broad StreetWhitehall, 43213
- Between 4383 & 4385 East Broad Street
- Fred Norton in His Football Uniform
- Fred Norton was an outstanding Ohio State University student athlete who had gone on to become a member of the 27th "Eagle" Pursuit Squadron in France. He was posthumously awarded the Distinguished Service Cross and the French Croix de Guerre with Palm. Norton Field was named for this heroic pilot who was also the first Ohio State graduate to be killed in World War I. This photograph shows Fred Norton in his football uniform, ca. 1913-1917 (AL04071).