- Title, side A
- Monsignor John Joseph Jessing
- Title, side B
- Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, Pontifical College Josephinum, and The Ohio Historical Society
- Pontifical College Josephinum, 7625 N. High StreetColumbus, 43235
- On the S end of the parking lot located NW of The Jessing Center
- John S. Rarey and Cruiser Painting
- This portrait shows John Solomon Rarey and Cruiser. Rarey (1827-1866), a native of Groveport, Ohio, gained international fame using kindness, firmness, and patience to train previously unmanageable horses. His innovative methods captured international attention and secured him invitations to tour Europe, Canada, and Russia. In what was perhaps the most famous of his demonstrations, Rarey tamed a vicious horse named Cruiser in three hours. Rarey was given the horse as a reward for his skill. He then went on to exhibit Cruiser and his techniques throughout the U.S. and Europe (Om1438_001).