Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

76-31 Miller- Leuser Log House

106194_131341.jpg ThumbnailsMarker 76-31ThumbnailsMarker 76-31ThumbnailsMarker 76-31ThumbnailsMarker 76-31ThumbnailsMarker 76-31ThumbnailsMarker 76-31ThumbnailsMarker 76-31

Side A: Miller-Leuser Log House. Ichabod Benton Miller purchased 440 acres in Anderson Township on April 2, 1796. The log house Miller built on his property around 1796 was continuously occupied for more than 170 years until the Anderson Township Historical Society purchased the building in 1971. The log house is located on its original site and is one of the few surviving structures built by the pioneers who settled the Ohio River Valley in the late 1700s. The house is named for the first and last families who owned it. Side B: Same. Same