Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Subject Chardon /

8-28 Fowlers Mill

1089_4966.jpg 8-28 The marker 5/5/2014Thumbnails1-28 Marker Side a8-28 The marker 5/5/2014Thumbnails1-28 Marker Side a8-28 The marker 5/5/2014Thumbnails1-28 Marker Side a

⇧ Go to Chardon Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
The Breathing Association
Title, side B
Carrie Nelson Black (1859-1936)
Address
788 Mt. Vernon Avenue
Columbus, 43204
Location
The Breathing Association
Latitude
40.0519330
Longitude
-83.0599180

Picture Details

Title
Fowlers Mill
Caption
Fowlers Mill in Chardon. The community of Fowlers Mill (originally Fowler's Mills) began in 1829, when brothers Milo and Hiram Fowler purchased land on the Chagrin River in Munson Township. The Fowlers immediately dug a millrace and built a sawmill. In 1834 they built this gristmill (AL06826).