Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

4-28 Overview Location One there are two identical markers

607_108067.jpg Thumbnails4-28 Other 4-28 Marker there are twoThumbnails4-28 Other 4-28 Marker there are twoThumbnails4-28 Other 4-28 Marker there are twoThumbnails4-28 Other 4-28 Marker there are twoThumbnails4-28 Other 4-28 Marker there are twoThumbnails4-28 Other 4-28 Marker there are twoThumbnails4-28 Other 4-28 Marker there are two

Side A: Bainbridge Center Historic District. Founded in 1817, Bainbridge Township was named for Commodore William Bainbridge, commander of the USS Constitution during the War of 1812. The unincorporated hamlet of Bainbridge Center is both the geographic and historic center of Bainbridge Township. The town hall, churches, stores, shops, a school, and post office were established in Bainbridge Center. The architecture of houses in the area, most notably those built during the Greek revival period, reflects the agricultural past of the community and its development in the twentieth century. Citizens gathered in The Center to attend church and school, shop, and participate in social and political functions. Side B: Same. Same