- Title, side A
- Solon Town Center
- Title, side B
- Solon Historical Society and The Ohio Historical Society
- 33975 Bainbridge RdSolon, 44139
- Solon Historical Society
- Chardon Business District
- Chardon was designated the county seat of Geauga County in 1808. On July 25, 1868, the entire village business district (now Main Street) was destroyed by fire, including forty businesses, offices, meeting halls, and the 1824 courthouse. Citizens immediately rallied and formed the Chardon Building Company. In August 1868 they contracted with Herrick and Simmons of Cleveland to build the Union Block using fire-resistant brick. This was one of Rensselaer R. Herrick's (Cleveland Mayor 1879-1882) last construction jobs. The Union Block occupies the northern half of this block of Main Street (AL06624).