Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

24-22 M.A. Harrison Memorial Airfield

866_5906.jpg 24-22 M.A. Harrison Memorial Airfield and MarkerThumbnails24-22 Steve, Steve, Linda and Janine at M.A. Harrison Memorial Airfield24-22 M.A. Harrison Memorial Airfield and MarkerThumbnails24-22 Steve, Steve, Linda and Janine at M.A. Harrison Memorial Airfield24-22 M.A. Harrison Memorial Airfield and MarkerThumbnails24-22 Steve, Steve, Linda and Janine at M.A. Harrison Memorial Airfield

Side A: M.A. Harrison Memorial Airfield. Marion A. Harrison established M.A. Harrison Memorial Airfield, formerly Harrison Airport, in 1946 on land encompassing 80 acres. This facility served to promote aviation activities in the Birmingham community with flight charters, flight instruction, and rides. Birmingham Metal Products was located here during World War II producing fighter aircraft fuel parts, and the airfield was used to train civilian pilots. Today, it remains dedicated to flight. Side B: Same. Same