Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

1-19 Marker in park looking north

88_108728.jpg 1-19 Marker and park looking southThumbnails1-19 Bradford Village Hall across from park1-19 Marker and park looking southThumbnails1-19 Bradford Village Hall across from park1-19 Marker and park looking southThumbnails1-19 Bradford Village Hall across from park1-19 Marker and park looking southThumbnails1-19 Bradford Village Hall across from park1-19 Marker and park looking southThumbnails1-19 Bradford Village Hall across from park1-19 Marker and park looking southThumbnails1-19 Bradford Village Hall across from park1-19 Marker and park looking southThumbnails1-19 Bradford Village Hall across from park

Side A: Bradford. Bradford began, in 1852, as a construction camp of the Columbus, Piqua, and Indiana Railroad. When the Richmond and Covington Railroad made a junction here in 1864, the village grew with the railroad yard. There were 60 miles of track, a 50-stall roundhouse, and jobs for 2000 men. Community life in Bradford centered at the Railroad YMCA. Side B: Blank. Blank