Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

6-17 Located on Cox Road between Biddle and Beck

111_113601.jpg 56-18 Thumbnails56-18 Thumbnails56-18 Thumbnails56-18 Thumbnails56-18 Thumbnails56-18 Thumbnails56-18 Thumbnails

Side A: Knisley Springs Farm. Long known to the Indians for the mineral spring water, this land was purchased in 1819 by Samuel Knisley. After 1880 it was developed as a resort area by Dr. Jerome Bland, who also established a cattle and horse breeding farm. In 1930 the land became part of PICKWICK FARMS which in 1976 was the largest standardbred breeding farm in Ohio and known throughout the United States and Canada. Side B: Same. Same