Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Subject Pottery /

13-15 Knowles, Taylor, and Knowles Pottery

695_4208.jpg 13-15 Harker, Taylor and Company Water CoolerThumbnails13-15 Lotus Ware Ewer13-15 Harker, Taylor and Company Water CoolerThumbnails13-15 Lotus Ware Ewer13-15 Harker, Taylor and Company Water CoolerThumbnails13-15 Lotus Ware Ewer

⇧ Go to Pottery Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Morning Dawn Lodge No. 7 Free and Accepted Masons
Title, side B
Same
Address
Across from 300 W. Third Street
Gallipolis, 45631
Location
SE corner of 3rd Avenue and Court Street
Latitude
38.8075000
Longitude
-82.2080880

Picture Details

Title
Knowles, Taylor, and Knowles Pottery
Caption
This photograph depicts two blacksmiths at work at the Knowles, Taylor, and Knowles pottery in East Liverpool, Ohio. W. Knowles opened a small pottery in East Liverpool in 1854. In 1870, John Taylor and Homer S. Knowles joined the company. The operation expanded during the next two decades. By the 1880s, Knowles, Taylor and Knowles was producing translucent china. By 1890, the company was the largest manufacturer of white granite plain and decorative ware in the nation. The factory closed in 1931 (Om1539_001).