Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

P6070088

P6070088.JPG P6070087ThumbnailsMarker 10-25P6070087ThumbnailsMarker 10-25P6070087ThumbnailsMarker 10-25P6070087ThumbnailsMarker 10-25P6070087ThumbnailsMarker 10-25P6070087ThumbnailsMarker 10-25P6070087ThumbnailsMarker 10-25

Side A: Blendon Church Bell. This bell came from the Blendon Presbyterian Church (1830-1865) according to William C. Phelps (1881-1967), a great-great-grandson of Edward Phelps Sr. (1759-1840), first settler of Blendon Twp. and donor of the church land at the southwest corner of Dempsey and Hempstead roads, and great-grandson of Gideon Hart (1795-1859) who furnished timber for the church. The Hart Homestead (1820-1922), 7328 Hempstead Road, was acquired by Emmett Fickell, who located the bell in the barn. In 1941 he gave it to Mr. and Mrs. M.R. McVay, who repaired and preserved it. The bell was presented to the Central College United Presbyterian Church by the McVays at ceremonies sponsored by the Amalthea Historical Society on May 14, 1981. Side B: Same. Same