Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

230 3658

230_3658.jpg 28-48 The MarkerThumbnailsMarker 28-4828-48 The MarkerThumbnailsMarker 28-48

Side A: The University of Toledo. In 1872, Jesup W. Scott donated 160 acres at this site as an endowment for a university to train "artists and artisans" to assume important roles in a growing industrial Toledo. The University held classes at Scott Park from 1922 to 1931. In 1969, the site of Scott's land donation became the site of the University's Community and Technical College. Side B: Same. Same