- Title, side A
- South Newbury Union Chapel
- Title, side B
- Union Chapel Trustees, Geauga Park District, and The Ohio Historical Society
- 15829 Ravenna RdBurton, 44021
- Union Chapel
- Closeup of plaque
- Text of the tablet, with slightly different format: 'This tablet marks the site of Union Chapel built by citizens of South Newbury, Ohio on land donated by Anson Mathews in 1856. This Chapel was dedicated to FREE SPEECH by James Abram Garfield, twentieth President of the United States. Other speakers in this Chapel were Susan B. Anthony, Lucy Stone, Louisa M. Alcott, Theodore Parker and John B. Gough. On January 12, 1874, The Newbury Woman's Suffrage Political Club was organized in this Chapel with twenty-four Charter Members. On July 4, 1876, this club planted the Centennial Oak Tree on a spot three-hundred thirty feet north of this site, and on the opposite side of the road.'