Side A: Johnson House Museum. The Johnson House was built in 1852 and its first owner was Henry J. Traver (1827-1911), owner of Traver & Company carriage factory across the street. From 1877 until 1994 the house was the residence and office of four doctors who maintained their practices there. The first was Dr. Daniel Cranz (1854 ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ 1914); followed by Dr. Thomas Ritter (1855ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“1928). In 1900, Dr. Robert Johnson (1878 ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ 1952) purchased the house. His daughter Dr. Myra Johnson (1909 ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ 1994) took over the practice after he died and until she retired in 1976. After her death, the house was converted into a museum. It is operated by the Wadsworth Area Historical Society and owned by the City of Wadsworth. (Continued on other side) Side B: Carriage Factory. (Continued from other side) A carriage manufacturing business was located across the street from the Johnson House and is believed to have been established around 1838. Eventually acquired by Henry J. Traver, the business continued under various names and owners as Traver & Company, Stevenson, Browning & Steele, Browning & Steele, and R. Stevenson & Company. The firmÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s office was the location of the WadsworthÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s first election on April 4, 1866, during which Aaron Pardee (1808-1898) was elected the first mayor. In 1875, the carriage maker was thought to employ approximately 20 people. In the 1890s, it occupied about 7,000 square feet of floor space. Automobiles began to replace horse drawn vehicles early in the 20th century and the carriage business closed in 1915.