Side A: North Baltimore Elementary & High School Building. The North Baltimore Elementary and High School stood at 124 S. Second St. and was dedicated November 11, 1927. The tan and brown brick building replaced a school (built 1884) that a fire destroyed on January 26, 1926. The new school building, for children in grades 1-12, also included classrooms for home economics and business courses, as well as a 900-seat auditorium (including balcony), second floor cafeteria, gymnasium, administrative offices, and a public library. E.E. Leidy was the school's superintendent and R. Vern Northup was the high school principal. The members of the board of education were Dr. E.A. Powell, President, D.B. Bushey, Vice President, C.G. Nigh, Clerk, and Nellie Roberts and R.E. Simon. Previously known as the "Independents," the school's sports teams became the "Tigers" in 1931. (Continued on other side) Side B: North Baltimore Elementary & High School. (Continued from other side) In 1952, Ms. Clara Miller became the 1927 building's first elementary principal and the district added a Kindergarten. Eventually, all students in grades K-6 moved to the E.A. Powell Elementary School building after it was built in 1958. In 1964, the district enlarged the gym and added industrial arts and music rooms. In 1974, the administrative offices moved to 110 S. Second St. Renovations to the auditorium in 1981 included a new concrete floor, new seating, and an enlarged stage. In 1987, the school cafeteria was moved to the ground floor. On May 27, the Class of 2012 was the last to be graduated from the 1927 building. The last event in the auditorium was the musical Ã¢â‚¬Å“Oklahoma," June 8-10, 2012, part of year-long "Bringing Down the House"Ã‚Â commemoration. The building was razed later that year.