Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

Marker 116-18

Marker 116-18.jpg 116-18 Marker - Courtesy of Laura HerronThumbnails116-18 Marker - Courtesy of Laura HerronThumbnails116-18 Marker - Courtesy of Laura HerronThumbnails116-18 Marker - Courtesy of Laura HerronThumbnails116-18 Marker - Courtesy of Laura HerronThumbnails116-18 Marker - Courtesy of Laura HerronThumbnails116-18 Marker - Courtesy of Laura HerronThumbnails

Side A: Holy Name High School, Founded 1914. Founded in 1914, Holy Name High School was one of the first co-educational Roman Catholic high schools in Cleveland. Originally located at Harvard and Broadway Avenues, the school opened under the direction of Holy Name Parish with educational leadership of the Sisters of Charity from Cincinnati. In 1978, Holy Name High School moved to its present location in Parma Heights, the former home of Nazareth Academy. Throughout its history, Holy Name High School has served the community by providing a Catholic, college-preparatory education. The Holy Name spirit lives on through its alumni, who have made a difference around the world. Side B: Same. Same