Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

1-1 Marker

113_110171.jpg Thumbnails1-1 Old Wayside Inn signThumbnails1-1 Old Wayside Inn signThumbnails1-1 Old Wayside Inn signThumbnails1-1 Old Wayside Inn signThumbnails1-1 Old Wayside Inn signThumbnails1-1 Old Wayside Inn signThumbnails1-1 Old Wayside Inn sign

Side A: Bradford Tavern 1804. The Bradford Tavern, West Union's first inn built ca. 1804, served the Maysville-Zanesville stagecoach route and such travelers as Andrew Jackson, Henry Clay, and Santa Anna. After 1840, it was continued as the Marlatt House and, later, the Crawford House. Robert Lawler operated it as the Commercial Hotel, 1904-1919. In 1936, Mr. and Mrs. William Lafferty restored the building as the "Olde Wayside Inn." Side B: Same. Same