Remarkable Ohio

Counties

Below is a complete listing of all Ohio Historical Markers. To find a detailed marker listing including text, photographs, and locations, click on a county below. Our listing is updated by the markers program as new markers are installed and older markers are reported damaged or missing.

ALERT: This marker was originally erected in Darke County and was assigned the proper number of 1-19. It has since been moved to Miami County.

1-55 Bradford

Side A: Bradford began, in 1852, as a construction camp of the Columbus, Piqua, and Indiana Railroad. When the Richmond and Covington Railroad made a junction here in 1864, the village grew with the railroad yard. There were 60 miles of track, a 50-stall roundhouse, and jobs for 2000 men. Community life in Bradford centered at the Railroad YMCA.
Side B: Blank
Sponsors: Citizens of Bradford and The Ohio Historical Society
Address: NE corner of N Miami Ave/OH 721 and School Street, 
Bradford, 
OH, 
45308
Location: Bradford Y-Yard Park
Latitude: 40.1309500
Longitude: -84.4307170