ALERT: Marker reported damaged January 2022. Awaiting repair.
- Title, side A
- Vistula Historic District
- Text, side A
- The pioneer village of Vistula is now bounded by Walnut, Champlain, Chestnut, Magnolia, and Summit streets. Established in 1833 by Benjamin F. Stickney and Edward Bissell, Vistula was merged with its rival, Port Lawrence, and in 1837 both villages were incorporated as Toledo. The Vistula Historic District, Toledo's oldest neighborhood, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
- Toledo Sesquicentennial Commission and The Ohio Historical Society
- Lagrange Street
Toledo, OH 43604
- NW corner of N Summit Street and Lagrange Street