Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Lucas County / 28-48 The University of Toledo [4]

Title, side A
The University of Toledo
Text, side A
In 1872, Jesup W. Scott donated 160 acres at this site as an endowment for a university to train "artists and artisans" to assume important roles in a growing industrial Toledo. The University held classes at Scott Park from 1922 to 1931. In 1969, the site of Scott's land donation became the site of the University's Community and Technical College.
Address
W of Parkside Blvd, S of Nebraska Avenue
Toledo, OH 43607
Location
Take the first road to the right into the Scott Park Campus and follow it to the main campus entrance
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.6426691, Longitude: -83.5954699.
Google map: