Home / Lucas County / 1-48 Presque Isle 
ALERT: This marker is located inside a secure military installation and is not accessible to the general public.
- Title, side A
- Presque Isle
- Text, side A
- Near this site scout Peter Navarre built in 1807 a log cabin close by an Ottawa Indian Village of 60 whitewashed cabins. Here he maintained friendly relations between white settlers and Chief Autokee. The 1833 Treaty of Maumee gave 320 acres of this region to the Indians who later sold the isle for $1,000. Presque Isle is now at the heart of Port of Toledo activity.
- Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority for The Oregon-Jerusalem Historical Society of Ohio and The Ohio Historical Society
- 3518 St. Lawrence Drive
Toledo, OH 43605
- Inside the secure Midwest Terminal