Home / Hardin County / 7-33 Scioto Marsh 
Hardin County is refurbishing all markers during the summer of 2019. If marker is missing it should be replaced soon.
- Title, side A
- Scioto Marsh
- Text, side A
- The Scioto Marsh, the largest of three extensive marsh areas in western Hardin County, was formed in the low basins left by the last retreating glacier 10,000 years ago. It covered more than 16,000 acres and was thought to be a source of malaria by the early settlers. A drainage project was begun in 1859, and the remaining peat-ladened soil helped make this rich agricultural area.
- The Country Connection Club and The Ohio Historical Society
- OH 195
McGuffey, OH 45859
- Just S of intersection of OH 195 and County Road 110