Home / Hardin County / 5-33 Mad River Railroad 
Hardin County is refurbishing all of their markers during the summer of 2019. If missing, this marker should be reinstalled soon.
- Title, side A
- Mad River Railroad
- Text, side A
- In 1832 a charter was granted by the state of Ohio for construction of a railroad between Sandusky City and Dayton. The right-of-way privileges included Hardin County. The first train, of the Mad River and Lake Erie Railroad, arrived in Kenton from Sandusky on July 14, 1846. The railroad was completed to Dayton in 1851. The depot on this site was erected in 1882.
- The Country Connection Club and The Ohio Historical Society
- Near 322 W. Franklin Street
Kenton, OH 43326
- OH 309 West