Hardin County is refurbishing all of their markers during the summer of 2019. If missing, this marker should be reinstalled soon.
- Title, side A
- Old Sandusky Trail and Shawnee Ford
- Text, side A
- County Road 265 follows an old Indian trail which connected the Wyandot villages at Upper Sandusky with the Shawnee Mac-o-chee towns to the southwest. Many wigwams were pitched near this Scioto River ford during the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Soldiers (during the War of 1812), settlers, and stagecoach passengers later followed this route.
- The Country Connection Club and The Ohio Historical Society
- Intersection of TWP Rd 146 and Twp Rd 265
Kenton, OH 43326
- NE corner of intersection of TWP Rd 146 and Twp Rd 265