Home / Belmont County / 10-7 Morristown 
ALERT: There are two markers numbered 10-7 in Belmont County. The other is 'Watt Car and Wheel Company.'
- Title, side A
- Text, side A
- Platted in 1802 by John Zane and William Chapline along the old Wheeling Road, Morristown was named for Duncan Morrison, an early settler, innkeeper, and Justice of the Peace. Older than the state itself, Morristown prospered into the mid-1800s, nurtured by trade along the National Road, the first federally funded highway project in the United States. The National Road was a major overland route to the West in the second quarter of the nineteenth century. Federal style brick and frame structures that remain standing today replaced the original log cabins that first made up the town. Named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980, Morristown is a well-preserved example of a National Road town.
- The Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, Morristown Historic Preservation Association, and The Ohio Historical Society
- Intersection of National Road (U.S. 40) and Old National Road
Morristown, OH 43759
- Morristown Village Park