Home / Franklin County / 41-25 Green Lawn Cemetery 
- Title, side A
- Green Lawn Cemetery
- Text, side A
- Landscape architect Howard Daniels designed the original portion of Green Lawn Cemetery in 1848. Noted Columbus architect Frank Packard designed Green Lawn's Chapel mausoleum, the Hayden family mausoleum, and the Packard mausoleum. Spanning over 360 acres, the cemetery's wooded setting provides a habitat for a variety of birds and other wildlife. The Chapel contains stunning stained glass windows and mosaic artwork by Tiffany & Company of New York. The monuments, obelisks, and memorials throughout the cemetery represent a wealth of artwork and a history of Columbus. As one of the oldest and largest cemeteries in Ohio, Green Lawn is the resting-place of many noted individuals who have made significant contributions to Columbus, Franklin County and the nation.
- Text, side B
- Interments here include: Gordon Battelle - founder of Battelle Memorial Institute, a center for creative research and invention development; Samuel Bush - president of Buckeye Steel Castings and grandfather and great grandfather of United States Presidents George Bush and George W. Bush; Dr. Lincoln Goodale - first physician to practice in Franklinton, now Columbus; P. W. Huntington - founder of Huntington National Bank in Columbus in 1866 and member of Green Lawn's Board of Trustees for over forty years; Simon Lazarus - began Lazarus department stores in 1851; James Poindexter - barber, minister, conductor on the Underground Railroad, and first African American to be elected to Columbus City Council; James Rhodes - the longest serving governor of Ohio; Eddie Rickenbacker - famed racecar driver and World War I flying ace; Lucas Sullivant - surveyor and planner of the city of Franklinton in 1797; James Thurber - twentieth century humorist author and cartoonist; and honored veterans of every war since the Civil War.
- Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, Green Lawn Cemetery, and The Ohio Historical Society
- 1000 Greenlawn Avenue
Columbus, OH 43223
- At the east entrance to Green Lawn Cemetery