Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Geauga County / 4-28 Bainbridge Center Historic District [7]

ALERT: There are two markers numbered 4-28 in Geauga County. They are identical, along the same road, but at different locations.

Title, side A
Bainbridge Center Historic District
Text, side A
Founded in 1817, Bainbridge Township was named for Commodore William Bainbridge, commander of the USS Constitution during the War of 1812. The unincorporated hamlet of Bainbridge Center is both the geographic and historic center of Bainbridge Township. The town hall, churches, stores, shops, a school, and post office were established in Bainbridge Center. The architecture of houses in the area, most notably those built during the Greek revival period, reflects the agricultural past of the community and its development in the twentieth century. Citizens gathered in The Center to attend church and school, shop, and participate in social and political functions.
Address
8465 Bainbridge Road
Bainbridge, OH 44023
Location
On the Chillicothe Road side of the SW corner of Bainbridge Road and Chillicothe Road
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.3858400, Longitude: -81.3395720.
Google map: