Home / Erie County / 7-22 Fort Sandusky 
ALERT: This marker replaced two earlier markers (1-22 and 2-22) that were destroyed.
- Title, side A
- Fort Sandusky
- Text, side A
- Erected by the British near this junction in 1761; destroyed during Pontiac's Conspiracy of 1763. The fort was strategically located near Indian towns and trading posts on the Great Indian trail between Detroit and Pittsburgh.
- Erie County Historical Society; The Ohio Historical Society
- Intersection of Routes 2 and 6 with Route 99 in the community of Venice, which is now a part of Sand