Home / Adams County / 1-1 Bradford Tavern 
ALERT: There is another marker 1-1 in Guernsey County, 'Wreck of the Shenandoah.'
- Title, side A
- Bradford Tavern
- Text, side A
- The Bradford Tavern, West Union's first inn built ca. 1804, served the Maysville-Zanesville stagecoach route and such travelers as Andrew Jackson, Henry Clay, and Santa Anna. After 1840, it was continued as the Marlatt House and, later, the Crawford House. Robert Lawler operated it as the Commercial Hotel, 1904-1919. In 1936, Mr. and Mrs. William Lafferty restored the building as the "Olde Wayside Inn."
- Adams County Historical Society and The Ohio Historical Society
- 222 W. Main St.
West Union, OH 45693
- At the current 'Olde Wayside Inn'