Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Hamilton County / 97-31 Cincinnati Stock Exchange [1]

Marker dedication delayed until Covid restrictions lifted

Title, side A
Cincinnati Stock Exchange
Title, side B
none
Text, side A
The Cincinnati Stock Exchange (CSE), founded in 1885, was headquartered in the Dixie Terminal Building at 49 East 4th Street. The CSE emerged as an innovator in stock trading when it started the nation's first computerized stock exchange in 1976, allowing brokers to execute customer orders directly through their CSE National Securities Trading System data terminals. Computerization revolutionized stock exchanges domestically and then globally, as computers accepted, matched, and executed orders for stocks automatically, eliminating manual processing. The New York Stock Exchange acquired the CSE in 2017.
Text, side B
none
Address
49 East 4th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Location
In front of Dixie Terminal Building