Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Hamilton County / 93-31 Xavier University Armory [2]

Title, side A
Xavier University Armory
Title, side B
Xavier University Armory
Text, side A
The Xavier University Armory was dedicated in 1948 by the first Secretary of the Army, Kenneth C. Royall. In the following decades, U.S. Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) cadets used it as a place to refine their tactical and technical skillsets in preparation to serve as officers in the U.S. Army. Since 1948, Xavier University ROTC commissionees have become General Officers and recipients of the Silver Star Medal, Bronze Star Medal, Purple Heart, and other prestigious awards. (Continued on other side)
Text, side B
(Continued from other side) Several Xavier University ROTC alumni have also made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of the nation. The Armory was the training ground until 2005 for the Xavier University Rifle Team, which finished second in the NCAA Championship in 2000 and 2003, and produced two Olympians. As of 2019, the Armory still served as the home for Xavier's nationally recognized Pershing Rifles unit.
Address
3842 Winding Way
Cincinnati, OH 45229
Location
In front of Armory building
Coordinates
Latitude: 39.1506400, Longitude: -84.4778800.
Google map: