ALERT: There are two markers numbered 29-57 in Montgomery County. The other is 'Miamisburg in the Great Flood of 1913.'
- Title, side A
- Dayton Woman's Club
- Text, side A
- Dayton Woman's Club. Community leader Robert Steele built the house that became the Dayton Woman's Club between 1845 and 1850. Napoleon Bonaparte Darst, a wealthy merchant, bought the residence in 1861. After the Civil War he refurbished the structure, updating it to the then-popular Second Empire style. In 1916, Darst's heirs sold the house to the newly-formed Dayton Woman's Club. Mrs. Marie Kumler (1856-1925), first president of the Club and the Dayton Federation of Women's Clubs led efforts to raise the $25,000 to purchase the property. The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 and the Club celebrated 100 years here in 2016.
- City of Dayton, Department of Planning and Community Development; and The Ohio History Connection
- 225 N. Ludlow Street
Dayton, OH 45402