- Title, side A
- The Frankfort House
- Text, side A
- Alexander Frankfort (1842-1930), the last surviving Civil War veteran from Struthers, built this house in 1884. His wife, Louisa Jane Johns Frankfort (1851-1921), purchased the land from Thomas Struthers for $190.00. The house is of balloon frame construction and has sandstone foundation. The main beam traversing the basement was made from a large tree on the property. Married in 1874, the Frankforts had eight children, but four little ones had died by 1884. The Frankforts brought their fifth child, the infant Alma (1884-1984) to this then new house, where she and three sisters grew up. Alma lived and worked here as a seamstress for 93 years. The house was empty until 1986 when the Mohr family, AlmaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s nephews, donated it to the Struthers Historical Society. The historical society renovated the house and opened as a museum in 1989.
- Struthers Community Fund; Struthers Historical Society; Struthers Rotary & Struthers Rotary Community Corps; Ohio History Connection
- Struthers Historical Museum, 50 Terrace Street
Struthers, OH 44471