Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Clinton County / 9-14 Wilmington Library [6]

Title, side A
Wilmington Library
Text, side A
The Wilmington Public Library of Clinton County, one of 111 Carnegie libraries in Ohio, opened its doors to readers on June 30, 1904. A $12,500 gift from steel magnate and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie financed construction of the original 3,360-square-foot building. The community provided the building site, formerly known as Martin Field, and pledged tax funds for the library's ongoing operation and maintenance. Expansions and modernizations have incorporated the original building and preserved its historic architectural style. "A Library outranks any other thing a community can do to benefit its people." - Andrew Carnegie
Address
268 N. South Street
Wilmington , OH 45177
Location
Wilmington Public Library of Clinton County
Coordinates
Latitude: 39.4491670, Longitude: -83.8283330.
Google map: