ALERT: This marker was inadvertently numbered 42-48
- Title, side A
- Islamic Center of Greater Toledo
- Text, side A
- The first Muslim immigrants arrived in the 1900s from Syria and Lebanon. They established the Syrian American Muslim Society in the late 1930s. In 1954, the first Islamic Center was built on East Bancroft Street. By the late 60s and early 70s, the growing Muslim community outgrew the Bancroft Street Center. The present Center, architecturally classic in Islamic style, was the first such mosque in North America. Its foundation was laid in October 1980 and was officially opened on October 22, 1983. In August 2001, the full time Islamic School of Greater Toledo opened. Today, the Center's members represent nearly 30 nationalities, providing an important bridge of understanding between its members and the community at large.
- Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Islamic Center of Greater Toledo, and The Ohio Historical Society
- 25877 Scheider Road
Perrysburg, OH 43551