Home / Summit County / 8-77 Grace School 
ALERT: This marker has been permanently removed. Grace School was demolished in 2002. For historical and reference purposes, this listing will remain on our website.
- Title, side A
- Grace School
- Text, side A
- Named for Grace Perkins, wife of Akron founder Col. Simon Perkins, Grace School was constructed in 1890 in the popular Jacobethan architectural style. Now known as Five Points, this area was not urbanized at that time; the Akron Rural Cemetery was nearby. Additions were constructed in 1918 and 1964. The school was decommissioned in 1977, but served as an Adult Service Center for the Akron Board of Education.
- The Summit County Historical Society and The Ohio Historical Society
- Originally on the NW corner of S Maple Street and W Exchange Streets