Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Summit County / 12-77 Johnson's Corners [4]

Title, side A
Johnson's Corners
Text, side A
Thomas Johnson first came to Norton Township in 1814, and within three years he had established the township's first sawmill along the fast-moving waters of Wolf Creek. The enterprising Johnson also erected a tavern, store, and post office, all on the northeast corner of this town square. In 1830 a grist mill was added to the community. Predating the founding of Barberton by seventy-seven years, Johnson's Corner existed from 1817 until 1929, when it was annexed into Barberton.
Address
1403 Wooster Road W
Barberton, OH 44203
Location
NW corner of Wooster Road W and 31st Street
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.0058110, Longitude: -81.6388380.
Google map: