ALERT: This marker was inadvertently given a non-Portage County number, 3-66.
- Title, side A
- The Chillicothe Turnpike
- Text, side A
- The Chillicothe Turnpike stimulated the growth of Aurora Center, Aurora's first commercial area. Established in 1802 by Benjamin Tappan, the road also precipitated the development of Kirtland, Chester, Russell and Bainbridge, provided access to land-locked properties, and linked distant towns from Lake Erie to Ohio's first capital in Chillicothe. In Aurora, the Chillicothe Turnpike turned southwest towards Hudson and continued southward over the boundary of the Western Reserve.
- Aurora Landmark Commission and The Ohio Historical Society
- S. Chillicothe Road
Aurora, OH 44202
- SE corner of S Chillicothe Road and E Garfield Road/OH 82