Home / Ottawa County / 2-62 Johnson's Island 
- Title, side A
- Johnson's Island
- Text, side A
- Military Prison Camp In 1861 the United States Army established a prisoner of war camp on Johnson's Island, approximately 1 mile south of this point. The camp, which housed captured Confederate officers, was maintained until 1865 when it was dismantled. The camp cemetery contains the graves of 206 men who died as a result of disease, wounds, or by execution while incarcerated.
- The Ottawa County Historical Society and The Ohio Historical Society
- SE corner of E Bayshore Road and Gaydos Road
Lakeside Marblehead, OH 43440