Home / Muskingum County / 2-60 S-Bridge 
- Title, side A
- Text, side A
- Coaches, Conestoga wagons, herds of livestock, pioneers on horseback, peddlers, soldiers, beggers--these and many others have crossed this bridge on the National Road since 1830. Escaping slaves sought shelter beneath it. Like many others on the road, the bridge was built with well-cut stone and good mortar in the shape of an "S" because it was easier to erect than one thrown straight across an oblique stream.
- New Concord Garden Club and The Ohio Historical Society
- At the S-Bridge roadside park, immediately west of New Concord on U.S. Route 40