Home / Miami County / 30-55 Phoneton 
- Title, side A
- Text, side A
- Once the center of telephone communications in America, Phoneton, originally platted as Phonetown, was established in 1893 by the American Telephone and Telegraph Company (AT&T) as the place to service and operate three major telephone and telegraph lines that intersected here on the National Road. AT&T built a repeater station to service the lines and employed as many as forty switchboard operators who lived in a hotel and boarding house constructed by the company. Other employees were bused in from neighboring towns. All operations were moved to Dayton in 1936.
- Miami County Milestones Committee, The Miami County Foundation, The Troy Foundation, and The Ohio Historical Society
- 4485 E US 40
Tipp City, OH 45371
- Just E of the intersection of US 40 and OH 202