Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Mahoning County / 6-50 St. James Episcopal Church [9]

Title, side A
St. James Episcopal Church
Text, side A
The first home of the oldest Episcopal parish in the Connecticut Western Reserve, the St. James Episcopal Church was built between 1827 and 1828. Philander Chase, first Bishop of the Diocese of Ohio, consecrated it in 1829. The belfry and steeple were added in 1881. It was moved to this site from its original Market Street location in 1972 after the parish built a new church. Renamed the St. James Meeting House, it is the anchor of a community of historic buildings that includes the Beardsley-Walter-Diehm House (circa 1828), the Oswald Detchon House (circa 1840), and the Schiller-Chuey Summer Kitchen. The oldest known structure in Boardman, the St. James Meeting House was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
Boardman Township Park, 375 Boardman-Poland Road
Boardman, OH 44513
At the church to the W of the northern entrance road to the park
Latitude: 41.0233030, Longitude: -80.6498770.
Google map: