- Title, side A
- Ohio Veterans Home
- Title, side B
- Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, The Ohio Veterans Home, and The Ohio Historical Society
- 3416 Columbus AvenueSandusky, 44870
- 3416 Columbus Avenue
- McCook House Photograph
- Daniel McCook Sr. (1798-1863), known for his family's service in the Civil War, built this house on the southwest corner of Carrollton's public square in 1837. This 2.75" x 2.75" (6.99 x 6.99 cm) slide was taken in the 1960s. The house is now a museum, part of the Ohio Historical Society's state-wide network of historic sites. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. A native of Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, McCook followed his father to Columbiana County around 1826. Several years later, he moved to Carrollton, where he worked as a lawyer and served as the first clerk of the court of common pleas for the recently-established Carroll County. His wife Martha Latimer McCook (1802-1879) was also a native of Pennsylvania. The couple had nine sons and one daughter. During the Civil War, Daniel McCook, his sons, and five of his nephews joined the Union cause, earning them the nickname the "Fighting McCooks (Om3007_001)."