Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

9-77 Town Hall and marker 6/23/2013

173_141105.jpg Thumbnails9-77 Old Town Hall, TallmadgeThumbnails9-77 Old Town Hall, TallmadgeThumbnails9-77 Old Town Hall, TallmadgeThumbnails9-77 Old Town Hall, TallmadgeThumbnails9-77 Old Town Hall, TallmadgeThumbnails9-77 Old Town Hall, TallmadgeThumbnails9-77 Old Town Hall, Tallmadge

Front Text: The Village of Tallmadge was founded in 1807. The first Academy building was erected in 1815. The first home of the Academy was located on the second floor of this Town Hall, which was erected in 1859. The Academy served students from northeast Ohio, who desired advanced courses not offered by local school systems, until 1876. Back Text: Same