Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

1-70 Marker

131_113998.jpg Thumbnails1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the treesThumbnails1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the treesThumbnails1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the treesThumbnails1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the treesThumbnails1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the treesThumbnails1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the treesThumbnails1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the trees

Front Text: Oldest Religious Congregation in north-central Ohio. First Methodist Sermon preached at the "spring" in 1809 by Rev. James Copus. Services then conducted in blockhouse, 1811; in first court house, 1813; at church home of Dr. William B. James, 1814; first church building located N.W. corner Park Avenue East and Adams, 1820; present site in 1870. All land donated by General James Hedges, a distinguished member. Back Text: Same