Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

13-57 Original Site of Woody's Market

106078_122635.jpg Thumbnails13-57 MarkerThumbnails13-57 MarkerThumbnails13-57 MarkerThumbnails13-57 MarkerThumbnails13-57 MarkerThumbnails13-57 MarkerThumbnails13-57 Marker

Side A: Woody's Market. From 1944 to 1999, this was the site of Woody's Market started by the late Woodrow W. Bowman. The Market grew from a one-person open-air produce stand to a 500-employee, 100,000 square foot full-service shopping center open 24 hours, 7 days a week. The Over-the-Road-Restaurant, added in 1968, was a gathering place for the community. Woody's Market was a regional retail icon. After closing the Market in May 1999, Woody Bowman died on July 22, 2006. The Market was razed in April 2007. Side B: Same. Same