Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

The cabin

99_115241.jpg Thumbnails2-8 MarkerThumbnails2-8 MarkerThumbnails2-8 MarkerThumbnails2-8 MarkerThumbnails2-8 MarkerThumbnails2-8 MarkerThumbnails2-8 Marker

Side A: Dixon-Washburn Log House. This house originally stood at Logan's Gap, Union Township. By tradition, it was constructed in 1793 by Indian scouts William Dixon and Cornelius Washburn who became residents of Brown County. Dixon lived in this house until 1800. Side B: Same. Same