Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

4-48 Church 7-7-13

64_142669.jpg Thumbnails4-48 The Marker on the front lawn.Thumbnails4-48 The Marker on the front lawn.Thumbnails4-48 The Marker on the front lawn.Thumbnails4-48 The Marker on the front lawn.Thumbnails4-48 The Marker on the front lawn.Thumbnails4-48 The Marker on the front lawn.Thumbnails4-48 The Marker on the front lawn.

Side A: First Presbyterian Church. This congregation was organized January 9, 1820 by 11 charter members. In 1837 the structure was completed on land reserved for religious purposes on the first Maumee plat. A British gun battery stood on the site in the War of 1812. Additions to the building were made in 1922, 1951, and 1968. Dr. Horatio Conant, pioneer teacher, merchant, physician, and politician, was for 59 years a member and officer. Side B: Same. Same